Twice a week, every Wednesday and Saturday night, Powerball® gives you a chance to play for Jackpots starting at an estimated $40 million and growing until someone wins. With jackpots that big, you're gonna need a bigger wallet!
Here's How To Play Powerball
- 1Purchase a Powerball ticket at any New Jersey Lottery Retailer.
- 2Each Powerball play costs $2.00.
- 3Select five numbers between 1-69 and one Powerball number between 1-26.
- 4If you'd rather have the Lottery computer randomly select your numbers for you, ask your Retailer for a "Quick Pick." Or if you're using a play slip, mark the Quick Pick (QP) circle.
- 5Select how you want to be paid if you win - either Annuity (over a 30-year period) or Cash (the present value of the advertised estimated jackpot amount in a lump sum).
- 6Power Play (optional): Mark Yes to add Power Play® for an extra $1 per play to increase your non-jackpot prize.
- 7MULTI DRAW (optional): To play the same numbers for up to eight consecutive drawings, mark the number of drawings you want, if more than one.
- 8Give your play slip to your Retailer. All sales are final.
Powerball drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday at approximately 10:59 pm.
For more information, see the Powerball Game Rules
As with all Lottery tickets, care should be taken not to damage the ticket's barcode. An unreadable barcode could delay payout of a winning ticket if it cannot be scanned.
Odds & Prizes
|Match||Prize*||Odds (per $2 play)|
|Jackpot**||1 : 292,201,338|
|$1,000,000||1 : 11,688,054|
|$50,000||1 : 913,129|
|$100||1 : 36,525|
|$100||1 : 14,494|
|$7||1 : 580|
|$7||1 : 701|
|$4||1 : 92|
|$4||1 : 38|
Overall odds of winning any prize are approximately 1:25
*Subject to the published rules of the New Jersey Lottery, the fixed prize amounts indicated here may be pari-mutuel.
**The jackpot prize will be divided equally among multiple winners. The prize is paid in 30 annual installments unless the CASH OPTION is selected.
***The 10X multiplier is only available on jackpot levels up to and including $150 million. May be subject to change.