NJ Lottery Announces Game Expiration Dates
TRENTON (Oct. 15, 2020) – The New Jersey Lottery announced today that winning Lottery tickets, which had previously been granted a claim extension, and are more than a year old, will now expire on Monday, November 16.
Normally, draw tickets expire one year after the drawing date and Scratch-Off tickets expire one year after the official game ending date. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the New Jersey Lottery Commission modified its rules in March to extend the deadlines indefinitely. At this time, the Lottery is announcing that winning draw game tickets purchased between March 19, 2019 and October 16, 2019 and Scratch-Off games that ended during the same period will expire in 30 days. A complete list of impacted Scratch-Off games is below.
Moving forward, all other Lottery tickets will be handled under the guidelines of Executive Order 170, which temporarily extends statutory deadlines, so players will have one year and an additional 30 days after the draw date or game end to file a claim.
- If you purchased a draw game ticket for a draw that took place between March 19, 2019 and October 16, 2019, and the ticket is a winner, you have until November 16, 2020 to submit a claim to collect your winnings.
- If you purchased any of the Scratch-Off games listed below, and the ticket is a winner, you have until November 16, 2020 to submit a claim to collect your winnings.
- If you purchased a draw game ticket for a draw that took place on October 18, 2019, and the ticket is a winner, you have one year and 30 days to file a claim, and that ticket will expire on November 17, 2020.
- If you purchased a ticket prior to March 18, 2019, it has expired and cannot be claimed.
Players holding any winning tickets can claim their tickets in the following ways:
- Mail the winning tickets to the New Jersey Lottery at P.O. Box 041, Trenton, NJ 08625-0041;
- Use a drop box in the lobby at Lottery Headquarters, 1333 Brunswick Ave., Lawrence Township, which is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Make an appointment to file their claim by calling 1-800-222-0996.
|Game #||Ticket Price||Game Name||Expiration|
|01461||$20||Mega Crossword (C)||5/29/2020|
|01469||$5||$200,000 Gold Rush||5/29/2020|
|01490||$2||Big Money Spectacular (J)||5/29/2020|
|01491||$3||Win For Life (C)||5/29/2020|
|01492||$10||Million Dollar Multiplier||5/29/2020|
|01501||$5||Bingo Times 10||5/29/2020|
|01503||$2||$20,000 Lucky 7s||5/29/2020|
|01509||$5||Super Crossword (BJ)||5/29/2020|
|01514||$1||Holiday Loose Change||5/29/2020|
|01515||$2||Holiday Lucky Times 10||5/29/2020|
|01528||$10||$250,000 Crossword (R)||5/29/2020|
|01539||$2||Big Money Spectacular||5/29/2020|
The Front Desk of the Lottery Headquarters in Lawrence is accepting claims by appointment only and those holding expiring tickets are given priority. Players without appointments will not be accepted at this time. Eligible claimants should call the NJ Lottery at 1-800-222-0996 to schedule an appointment Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Claimants are required to wear a mask or face covering when visiting the office.
The Lottery does not immediately pay players who come to the Lottery offices to validate winning tickets. If a player files a claim by mail or at Lottery headquarters, players should expect to receive payment by check in four to six weeks.
As mentioned earlier, in addition to mailing, players without an appointment to file their claim can now personally deliver claims to Lottery Headquarters in Lawrence Township using the new drop box.
Claims less than $599.50 can still be immediately redeemed at any retailer. Claims of $600 or more can still be mailed in and will be processed in the regular course of business. Winners should make copies of their signed ticket and claim form before placing them in the mail. All properly validated mailed claims will be paid.
Players who wish to mail their claim in may download a claim form from the NJ Lottery website and mail it to:
NEW JERSEY LOTTERY
P.O. Box 041
Trenton, NJ 08625-0041