One Atlantic and One Somerset County Tickets Win $1,000,000
Mega Millions Jackpot Rolls to $970,000,000
TRENTON (Jan. 20, 2021) – There were two second-tier prizewinning tickets sold for the Tuesday, January 19, drawing that matched five of the five white balls drawn winning the $1,000,000 prize. Those tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Atlantic County: 7-Eleven #24426, 1500 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City; and,
- Somerset County: Lucky Spot Convenience Store, 100 North Gaston Ave., Somerville.
The $970 million jackpot drawing will be held on Friday, January 22. If won, it would be the 2nd-largest jackpot in the game’s history and the 3rd-largest jackpot in US lottery history. The estimated cash value is $716.3 million.
There were eight third-tier prizewinning tickets sold that matched four of the five white balls and the gold ball winning $10,000. One of those tickets was purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prize to $20,000. Those tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Ocean County ($20,000): 7-Eleven #27497, 701 Route 88, Point Pleasant;
- Bergen County ($10,000): Key Food, 937 Lincoln Ave., Glen Rock;
- Bergen County ($10,000): 7-Eleven #18390, 300 Hackensack St., Wood Ridge;
- Gloucester County ($10,000): Shoprite #502, 401 Harmony Rd., Gibbstown;
- Gloucester County ($10,000): Nik Nak Food Mart, 500 Woodbury Turnersville Rd., Turnersville;
- Monmouth County ($10,000): Grover Convenience Store, 179 South St., Freehold;
- Union County ($10,000): Mr. Mike’s Convenience Store, 2933 Vauxhall Rd., Vauxhall; and,
- Warren County ($10,000): Travel Centers of America – Columbia, 2 Simpson Rd., Columbia.
In addition to the second and third-tier prizes won, 220 players matched four of the five white balls drawn making each ticket worth $500. 27 of those tickets were purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prizes to $1,000. Moreover, 281,624 other New Jersey players took home $1,090,058 in prizes ranging from $2 to $400. The winning numbers for the Tuesday, January 19, drawing were: 10, 19, 26, 28, and 50. The Gold Mega Ball was 16, and the Megaplier Multiplier was 02.
The next drawing will be held Friday, January 22, at 11:00 pm. All New Jersey Lottery Mega Millions tickets must be purchased before 10:45 pm to participate in the drawing. Mega Millions tickets cost just two dollars; by adding the Megaplier option for an extra dollar per play, players can increase their non-jackpot winnings up to five times. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 46 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.